The Brees Dream Foundation was founded in 2003 with a mission to improve the quality of life for cancer patients, and provide care, education and opportunities for children and families in need.
Brittany and Drew Brees and the Brees Dream Foundation have collectively committed and/or contributed more than $17,000,000 to charitable causes and academic institutions in the New Orleans, San Diego and West Lafayette/Purdue communities. Some of the Brees Dream Foundation’s most recent commitments include:
- Partnering with Nike and the Allstate Sugar Bowl to support the City of New Orleans and Mayor Mitch Landrieu in providing funding as part of $23 million in improvements to transform Joe Brown Park into a world-class, regional park to enable children and families to be healthy and active.
- Contributing $1,000,000 in funding for the renovation project at the American Cancer Society Patrick F. Taylor Hope Lodge.
- Contributing $295,000 for the “Peek-A-Boo Camera Project", which will include 51 cameras at Ochsner Medical Center (42 NICU, 6 LDR and 3 antepartum).
- Contributing $100,000 to complete funding for the GW Carver Field of Dreams.
- Contributing a total of $150,000 equally between KIPP Charter Schools and Teach for America.
- Contributing $80,000 to Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego.
- Contributing $50,000 to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana.
- Contributing $50,000 to St. Michael’s Special School.
- Contributing $125,000 to Tad Gormley Stadium Renovation.
- Contributing $50,000 to the Purdue Athletes Life Success Program.
- Contributing $35,000 to the San Diego Armed Services YMCA.
- Contributing $50,000 to the New Orleans Ballet Association.
Please see the Programs section to learn more about the Brees Dream Foundation. We are proud to be a reliable and accountable charity solution and will continue to challenge ourselves, teammates and our corporate partners to increase the impact we have on the lives of those in need. The success of the Brees Dream Foundation would not be possible without the
continued support and generous contributions from both individuals and corporations across the globe. We believe strongly that our past success is but a prelude to what we have planned for the future!